Powered by Max Banner Ads
So you’re a blogger, or an online marketer, and you make money from home. Possibly even in your pajamas. If you’re just starting, you’re in for a great experience, if you do things right. But you’ll soon find that you can end up working harder rather than smarter, which is never a good thing. To be truly happy with your online business, you need to make it work for you, not the other way around.
The whole idea of an online business is to have the “internet lifestyle” and have lots of time freedom. So that being said, here are 8 ways you can work smarter, and not harder, and make your internet business work for you.
1. Work in 30 minute chunks. I don’t remember where I heard this one, I actually heard it a few different places. But since I implemented it, I get a LOT more done, and I’m much happier and at ease about it. When you set a timer and work in 30 minute chunks, you can focus a lot easier and basically just get more done.
2. Focus on one thing at a time. This may be the most important tip of them all. When you focus on one thing at a time, you can avoid information overload and really concentrate your energy on the task at hand. This way you’ll just get a lot more done, and a lot quicker too.
3. Don’t overdo it/Know your limits. We’re all human, so we all have our limits. The idea with an online business, like I said is to make it work for you, not the other way around. If you don’t get everything you want done in a day, that’s ok, just don’t overdo it and try to do too much, because then you’ll become a slave to your business.
4. Organize your bookmarks. Yea, I mean the little bookmarks in your web browser toolbar. You need to keep them organized so you can easily find them quickly. Then you’ll save yourself a lot of time and effort, and you’ll get more accomplished.
5. Keep your workplace clean. This is pretty much just common sense. But when you keep your office/computer desk clean and tidy, then you’ll be able to focus a lot more and just get a lot more done. And you’ll be happier too
6. Minimize your newsletter subscriptions. Email newsletters. Seriously, don’t subscribe to a ton of them. No more than a handful is best, otherwise you can get info overload and not be able to focus. If you really want to be productive then you should keep them down to only 3 or less.
7. Automate or semi-automate what you can. This is super important. You don’t wanna be doing EVERYTHING online manually, that will just take too long and eat up all your time. You need to try to automate what you can so you can free up time to focus on the really important tasks in your business.
8. Finally, take notes on what you learn online. This will help you actually ABSORB it, and actually learn it. Plus you’ll have your notes to glance over and really let it sink into your brain. This will only help you in the long run.
These are just a few tips to help you work smarter and succeed online. There are lots more. The longer you work online the more experience you’ll get and you’ll just naturally figure out how to streamline the whole process. But if you at least follow these 8 tips then you’ll be a lot happier and more productive. Good luck!
Share this post: